My nearly three months old baby refusing bottle feed..

For the past one month, I have been dealing with fussy son who always gave me hard time feeding him. When the Avent bottle teat no. 1 put into his mouth, he will cry and turn his head, beating away the bottle or fall asleep. I will wake him up and force him to drink. Slowly his feed getting lesser and we admitted him to kkh...Did infection tests and came back negative..Finally doc diagnosed thrush and acid reflux and he finished the bottle with still the same fussy action.. the nurse said got to be patient feeding him. When I feed him, he always fussy, but when the nurse gave him the bottle, he will drink. Due to poor latching method, I seldom latch him only ard thrice a week if I managed to latch him. Jus now, when I gave him the bottle, he did the same fussy thingy and I forced him to drink. He gave in and drank 70ml..He supposed to drink 100ml..So I tried to latch and he sucked...My supply is always low, ard 10 to 30ml each pump. He is very hungry but still refusing bottle. Anyone faced the same as me?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there, I’ve faced the same issue with breast milk and feeding. I tried to change teat for my boy cause we found out that it may be too slow for him and he’s better now. We also tried dr brown bottle cause it has a softer teat and he’s also okay. So you can consider trying either of it. Hope it helps!

Read more