Parents, do you sometimes feel guilty as if you've not done enough for your kids?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

Being a working mom, I felt I have not done enough, but I have learned that the best way to know is ask them. Keep an open communication with the kids. You will be surprised that they are grateful for having you and they appreciate every little thing you have done for them. I found out about this when I dated one of my kids. Although I have 4 kids, I usually make sure I see them individually, and talk to each one of them. During one of our dates, my second child, prayed before we ate our dinner, "Lord, thank you for my mommy, for always keeping her safe and though her office is far from our home, she has sacrificed a lot just so she can support us...." We will always feel we have not done enough because our love for them is too big... but what we have done... our best... is always enough. ☺

Magbasa pa

No guilt feeling but maybe it's more of wanting to do better each day to give my kids what the deserve. I know I try to be the best I can in my own way, but it doesn't stop there. I want to find other ways on how to improve as a parent and always provide for my kids not just financially, but more on the mental, emotional and spiritual aspects.

Magbasa pa

That feeling of inadequacy creeps in from time to time. I try to remember though that God has given me my children because He knows I'm the right fit for them. I can also trust the Lord to be more than enough for everything i need.

All the time. I feel like I'm not spending enough time with my toddler or not teaching her things, not playing with her enough, making too many mistakes, etc.