My parents are married for 25 years now, and they still call each other pet names, I just find it super sweet! thoughts on pet names? for it or not?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I find it cute and sweet especially when I hear old couples that are still using pet names. I wanna share a funny story. My parents used to call each other "sweetheart" until I was 5 years old, according to them. They transitioned to "mommy" and "daddy" because of me. Their story started when my dad was in the bathroom one afternoon. I knocked at the door because I was about to pee and kept calling, "sweetheart, sweetheart, cr ako". Trust me, I was laughing the whole day when they told me about it!

Read more

I would say it's commonly sweet if you have terms of endearment with your spouse as it describes your affection for each other. Most of the couples I know have been using their terms of endearment way back when they were still boyfriend/girlfriend until they got used to calling each other by these names through the years. However, for some couples, their endearment changes as time goes by depending on their intimacy through time.

Read more