am i cheating?

Until now, I still like to stalk my ex. There's nothing wrong with it, just want to know how he's doing now. It's just fun to see their life. My husband doesn't know... Actually, my marriage is fine. But for some reason, I'm still drawn to my ex. Sometimes we call each other when I'm not at home. There's nothing weird in our conversations, just sharing stories and encouraging each other. Am I cheating?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It's dangerous when man and woman have a friendship that is not known to their spouse. While conversations are totally innocent now and your friendship is just platonic, there's a chance tt it can still escalate esp when you alr have history tgt. For me and hubby, we agreed right when we're still dating tt we shld not be in contact with any of our exs. Personally, im against contacting ppl we had romantic relationship before because I've seen the trouble it brought upon to my parent's marriage. My dad did what you did, and it escalated and of course it affected our family so much. My parents are still tgt now aft 30 years but we as children lost our respect for him. So it's either stay away from ur ex or make it known to your husband abt your friendship but definitely limit your contact, don't do it regularly. I'm not sure abt you but I believe in karma, if I do it, my husband could do it too and that's the last thing I wanted because I want to keep the sanctity of our marriage.

Read more

Subconsciously, emotionally yes. I do occasionally look at my ex’s fb etc but I do it together with my husband lol. Generally there is nothing wrong to kpo your friend’s life except that you guys were once together, but it’s wrong if you were to intentionally keep it from your husband and as one other commenters mentioned, overtime things may happen. Maybe you’re just used to your ex that’s why you feel drawn to him? Roles reversed, if it’s your husband doing all these, would you consider this as an act of cheating be it emotionally/physically?

Read more

Hm. Personally,I feel that these calls may escalate into something else, even if you may not intend it to, but things happen sometimes. Might not be wise to allow for such possibilities to happen in the first place by keeping contact with your ex without your husband knowing.

if not letting your husband know about this, it's emotional cheating cause if it's really platonic, why can't he know about what's going on? having said that, there's no physical cheating but you're playing with fire

Not cheating but you’re playing with fire. I wouldn’t continue doing that if I were you. It’s important to draw a clear line with people of the opposite gender.

Cheating. Period. Nothing weird in convo, but doing behind your husband’s back will lead to something else. Pls dont jeopardise your own marriage

I just worry that one day, if ever you have a huge fight with your husband over something, you’d turn to him. So that is very dangerous

not really. make sure no intimacy and everything should be platonic

👍

👍

3w ago

????????????