As parents, how can we foster our child's multiple intelligence?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It's very hard and challenging to develop all nine types of multiple intelligence at once. I do suggest that you observe your child most and see in what aspect he/she excels and least excels. Multiple intelligence types include: 1. verbal/linguistic 2. logical/mathematical 3. visual/spatial 4. musical/rhythmic 5. bodily/kinesthetic 6. naturalist 7. interpersonal 8. intrapersonal and 9. existensial. To have an idea how to develop these, you may refer to this link I've read: http://examinedexistence.com/how-to-improve-all-9-types-of-intelligences/

Read more

I read a book about raising young entrepreneurs but breaks the concept down by nurturing the different types of multiple intelligence. It's written by Mary Joy Canon-Abaquin, owner and directress of Multiple Intelligence Int'l School. It's great for busy pinoy parents because the layout is so easy to read! Very cheap pa! 250php (in 2013, not sure now) at NBS :)

Read more
Post reply image

Like what they always say, experience is always the best teacher. Let your kids experience variety of activities like drawing, singing, gardening, puzzles, as well as different sports. Don't forget to answer all their curiosity, no matter how tedious it may get. Make sure to remember that their "whys" and "hows" are advantages.

Read more

Through experience kids are always ever learning. That's more then enough.

Explore and exposure is a kids learning buddy.