Paano pag sinabihan ka ng anak mo na "you're bad mommy ! "You're bad daddy ! How do you handle this situation ?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

I guess it depends on the context of the situation, and inflection of the child's voice. Is he/she saying it in a joking manner? Or is he/she trying to use the word "bad" in a way that makes you uncomfortable? In any case, you could always encourage your little one to use a different word. Just be sure to not empower the word "bad" by implying that it shouldn't be used in that way. Simply suggest that that's not the right word for the situation and teach them an alternative...like "silly" or something like that.

Magbasa pa

How old na ba ang anak mo, mommy? If toddler pa, we wouldn't know exactly kung ano pinaghuhugutan ng bata why he was able to say that. So better sit down and talk to him para malaman ang saloobin nya. If the child is big enough already, explain immediately that what he is saying is not nice. We have to instill respect para hindi nila ulitin and then discuss the issue.

Magbasa pa

Try to ask your child why he said that you are bad. There might be things that we need to explain to them further because they don't have an idea about it. So it's good to know why your child thinks that way para you are on the same boat. Of course, we don't want our child to have a negative perception about us, right?

Magbasa pa

Try to ask bakit nya nasabi na "bad"? Ano ang ibig sabihin ng bad para sa kanya? From there you can start explaining ano ba yung bad and ano ang tamang term for what your child meant. If s/he said it kasi may ginawa ka that make him/her feel bad, you have to acknowledge his/her feeling and say sorry din.

Magbasa pa

If you think you really did something wrong, like saying bad words in front of your child, and he knows that it's really bad then you would really expect that kind of remark. Parang ung toddler ko. If I accidentally say something not good, he'll tell me, "Mama, don't say that. That's not good."