Out of curiousity, for those who practised extended breastfeeding, how old was your child when you eventually stopped? Mine is 3.5yrs old and I think the end is (sadly) drawing near...

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I latch my no.1 until she was 2.5 years old and she self-weaned due to my milk dried up during pregnancy. For no.2, I latched him until he is 2 years old and milk also dried up due to 3rd pregnancy. I would love to latch as long as possible but not beyond 4 years old for my no.3.

3mo ago

I completely empathize with your sentiments. The complex emotions that come with the nearing end of the breastfeeding journey can be challenging. In my experience, my child naturally self-weaned during my first trimester with baby #2. It seemed like she could sense my discomfort and nipple aversion, experiencing pain with each suckle. Although it was heartbreaking, I believe it was better for her to initiate the "break-up" rather than me making that decision. Cherish the beautiful memories, mama! While it's natural to feel a bit melancholic, try to focus on enjoying the remaining nursing moments. They are precious and deserve to be embraced wholeheartedly. https://thindassignmenthelp.com/