burping

Is it okay if my newborn didn't burp after a feeding as he was already asleep?

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Usually will burp cos avoid gassy stomach / vomiting if not lo will feel uncomfortable by over feeding (jz in case) n get bloated /colic. Try to burp baby if u can:) But Is ok. if u observe, didnt burp much.. After feeding you can lean your lo up on a shoulder and with the arm of the same side, wrap it around lo bottom for 5-10mins then put down. So baby won’t vomit immediately. Or hold baby’s neck n let lo burp n wait awhile. :)

Read more
Super Mum

Based on my baby, it was okay. If I burped her, she wouldn’t be able to go back to sleep. She was fine sleeping without being burped.. and when she woke up later on, I would burp her. Haha

Usually I hold my baby upright for awhile so Atleast to allow the milk to digest properly for 15-30 mins n didn’t cause any discomfort before I lay her flat in her cot. ☺️

Theres no rule that babies have to burp after every feeding. In general, breastfed babies dont need as much burping

VIP Member

Even though he slept u may still make him burp like tap on his back .. or else some time may b reflux happens

When my lo still newborn I still burp him even though he was asleep. At least pat him ard 5-7mins.

VIP Member

Yes but usually I make sure she burps. Cos the next day she will be super gassy

Is ok. You can carry him lying on ur shoulder before placing him down

VIP Member

it happens but i do bring her up to my shoulder to burp

VIP Member

yes but do be prepared that your baby might spit milk