Bb heartbeat

Ok m 39 years old, high risk mother to be. I’m currently about 5 weeks pregnant. Abdominal scan can see the sac but can’t see heartbeat. These few days I have brown discharge on n off. Am currently on Utrogestan. Is it really too early to see heartbeat. I’m v worried. I waited For this miracle bb for 10 years since my first kid in 2011. 🙏

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi, are you scheduled for the next appointment? perhaps at 8-weeks? my case was similar to yours, at 5-weeks I was having quite a bit of brown discharge. being first time mom I was so frightened, rushed to KKH A&E. transducer scan only showed sac, no heartbeat (yet). my son is now 1.5 years old 😊

4y ago

Hi Jayne, thank you for your encouragement. I’m due to c doc again on 4 Dec. Hopefully this time can see the heartbeat 🙏🙏

Yes it can be hard to be detected given that it's still too tiny. Normally by 8 weeks onwards you can already see and hear it's heartbeat. I'm same like you. My last pregnancy was also in 2011 & I'm in the mid 30s. Bed rest as much as possible during this early stages & take your meds on time.

4y ago

Thank you for your advice 🙏

I can only saw HB around 7 weeks onwards. Don’t stress too much 🥰

4y ago

Thank you Nids for your advice. :)

It's better to contact your doctor

4y ago

Yes I’ve seen the doc on fri when I noticed the brown discharge. Am on medication now and will be back to check again on 4 dec. 🙏