Vague U/S and fetal heartbeat at 6w 5days

Just wanna share and seek some advises. Did a vaginal and abdominal scan this morning and manage to see something vague within. V scan shows a little dot flickering (that should be the heartbeat). However, I was too gassy and it sort of disrupted the scan. Abdominal scan captured very faint heartbeat of abt 159bpm. My gynae wants me back in 1 wk and must see sth more obvious Is the faint heartbeat normal? I am wondering if faint heartbeat is a sort of pleasant news for myself and baby! And, how to reduce the gassyness within?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

yes, the hb of 159bpm is normal! I've never experience vague ultrasound due to gas.. thou I've been bloating since early weeks until now. Hope all is good in your scan next week!

Yes it’s normal because it’s still so early. heartbeat presence is already a good sign. not sure what you mean by gassyness

2y ago

like super bloated and during ultrasound, signs of gas inside 😅 it makes everything very vague. on normal days I also bloat super easily now, which I nv experience before in previous 2 pregnancies.