Just now after my girl's shower and while I was dressing her I noticed that there were some white particles in her private part. It's small white particles, something like wet tissues torn into small pieces. Has anyone experience the same thing with their girls? Is this normal? Should I bring my girl to the doctor?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi do u apply diaper cream? I think it is diaper cream that is not washed off totally. Need to wipe the folds of the skin for gals to Clean properly. How old is your girl? I also read before that newborn baby gal can have white discharge too, this is normal but occurs only for newborns because they have been exposed to our hormones. However I am guessing the white stuffs are the dried up diaper cream

Read more
8y ago

I hardly apply diaper cream for my girl. I would only apply diaper cream for her when I see that it's red down there. I always wash her private part when I bathe her, so shouldn't have anything left there. First time I encounter this. She is turning 14 months in a few days time.

Hi, not sure what is this white thing u are talking about, if it is a discharge or it can be rubbed or wiped off easily. Monitor for a few days to see if it persist and if there are other discomforts - itching, soreness, pain when urine etc - it could be a yeast infection at the vaginal. If unsure, just go doctor

Read more
8y ago

Yup, will monitor for a few more days before heading to the doctor's. Just kind of worried though since it's my first time to encounter this.

Discharge is normal at a very young age. It is one way of cleaning out the germs that enters the vagina. Specially to the kids for they don't have pubic hair to protect their private part. If you notice greenish or yellowish discharge then it is an infection. Better bring her to an OB immediately.

8y ago

Thanks. This past 2 days there isn't any white particles.

Sounds like smegma (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smegma) to me. It's normal but must clean them off else will cause itchiness and then urinary tract infection.

8y ago

Thanks. I think it is this. Looks something similar

I think its normal. Just wash with warm water. Is this the first time? Could it be tissue stucked? How old is your girl?

8y ago

I don't see it anymore :)