Red discharge at private part.

Hi, my new born girl have white mucus at her private part. But just now I change her diaper and notice it turn to red colour discharge. Is it normal? Went to polyclinic and the doc told me that white discharge is normal. But I not sure about the red discharge. Anyone have experience this?

Red discharge at private part.
10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

I asked my doctor about this. Apparently it’s normal and some baby girls can even get periods esp if just born due to the hormone changes from not being in mummy anymore. https://www.webmd.com/parenting/baby/your-newborn-girls-genitals-bleeding can read here :) hope this helps. My girl had discharge but no baby period

Read more

it is perfectly normal as it's said the baby girl gets this discharge due to changes in mother's estrogen but this discharge should be gone by 2 weeks. if it persists, then you need to check with a doctor. right now it should be normal.

this is normal. as she's born with a lot of our hormones within her. so she will have period like discharge which range from a few days to a week or two. think my gal one lasted for about a week

is normal. my girl had it within her first month. bought her to see both poly n kkh. both said it's normal as part of hormones changes.

Don’t look normal to me, I will go for a second check up just for assurance. Hope your girl is ok!

My girl had the red discharge too during her 1st month and its perfectly normal.

VIP Member

It’s normal due to hormonal change. My newborn has that too

VIP Member

it's normal. my girl has it previously.

Suggest to bring to PD for check?

I dont think its normal…