Milk supply

Not being able to produce enough milk is indeed depressing. Anyone encountering this issue?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

I went through this. My supply was up and down for the entire year that I breastfed. I was initially also very stressed and sad, but later decided that I was already doing my best, and that my baby was still growing and happy. So I focused on making sure I ate and drank well, tried to get some rest here and there, and tried to reduce my stress levels. Then I latched on demand and pumped whatever I could in between. Thank God that even though I wasn’t an oversupplier, most of the time, baby was satisfied with whatever I could give. For the first month or so, especially since my baby had jaundice, I just topped up with formula. Baby was happy and I was still giving her antibodies in my milk. By God’s grace, she only fell sick once during her first year.

Read more

Yes! Not being able to have enough milk can be really depressing. But please don’t stress/worry so much! The more stress, the lesser milk. Please remember that you’re doing your best, and that is enough. My milk supply dropped when CB started. All the stress from WFH while caring for baby at home (normally ifc. But ifc also close during CB). I went to see a lactation doctor cause I refuse to give up on breastfeeding. My supply’s a bit better now. Not as good as per-CB, but sufficient

Read more