4.5months in ifc keep falling sick

Is it normal when baby join IFC theyll get sick very easily. If its not cough, its flu. If its not flu its fever. My baby started ifc dec 2023, by now he’s already sick and has on off fever/flu/cough like 3-4 times. Is it normal, and how to increase immunity for 4.5months old if he’s on fm

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes, very common. Mine got hfmd just a few weeks after entering ifc at 3m old, after that every 2-3 weeks she falls sick with cough / flu. Then sometimes I get the virus from her too :’( Some mummies recommended Sambucol baby drops to boost immune system, can take after 6m, but my baby got diarrhoea from it. Also I don’t have the option to take her out of ifc. So just gonna hang in there and let her build immunity over time. I do realise nowadays at 10m old she recovers faster whenever she falls sick.

Read more

How many babies in class ? My LO attend ifc for 2 months now so far so good. Her class only accept 10 babies max. So not sure isit lesser babies less risk? I alos have a fren who put her son in sparkletots then every week fall sick,afterwards she trf to diff centre of sparkletots then much better. Hence not sure if the centre itself got sanitise regularly anot

Read more

It is normal for kids at a young gae to fall sick. This is due to low immunity. Therefore common for kids esp in IFC to have fever flu cough HFMD Covid faster. You can check out pharmacy/unity/seek advice from PD/doctor for best supplement for your child. And also best to get flu vaccine as they age up. You can check out with the doctor upon monthly check up.

Read more

it's very normal. they building up their own immunity with other kids. it took my girl about 9 to 10 months to stable down. initially she fell sick every month, and there was even once twice in the same month. it was terrible but ok once she stable down. wear more to keep warm if bb catch cold easily.. jiayou mummy

Read more

Hi mummy, it is normal mine started school in Jan and only attended 2 days but down for 1 week haha she got a combo fever, cough n flu Can you imagine? But you can try finding immune system medication such as sambucol/vitakids See which on is age appropriate for your kid

Read more
VIP Member

It’s very common mummy! My girl’s school don’t even have aircon, she also very suey always flu cough fever. Got covid from school, HFMD and even influenza a. 🥲 Not easy, but Jiayou mama!

Read more

change the belonging that u bring to ifc daily,i.e., pillow blanket it may help too cause you won't know if any baby accidentally touch your baby's pillow