constant headache at 14 weeks!

Is it normal to get a headache across the forehead the whole day? Its been 3 days.. how long will it last ? Any remedies to relieve it ?

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

im also at 14 weeks now n my headaches/migraines has been ard eber since i found out that im pregnant..so it has been 3 months plus dat im having constant almost daily basis of migraines which i think its normal for pregnant mums to have it. how long it lasts is depends on individual. u may take paracetamol only or sometimes a nice hot tea helps alot too. n get some peaceful sleep.

Read more

I had bad headaches as well. was taking panadol daily. but it didn't help. in the end my gynae told me to try drinking half a cup of coffee or green tea. turns out my headache was due to caffine withdrawal cos I cut caffine completely. so just drinking a cup of green tea once every few days did the trick for me.

Read more

Same here sis! Warm shower works for me! Change the shower-head to massage mode and rinse “massage” around or back of your neck/ shoulder, it’s quite relieving for me. Hope this can be one of your solution.

internal heat maybe? have u checked your blood pressure? eat watermelon,drink fresh young coconut water.Green Tea helped me too when i had internal heat.Stay hydrated & make sure you have regular daily bowel movement

Me too. Sudden headaches during these last weeks of 1st trimester. Quiet often too. I often asked my partner to massage my head and take a quick nap right after. Sometimes it subsides. I take paracetamol to ease it.

same i had this problem for 1.5weeks..i took panadol for the first 4 to 5 days..but normal one..not anarex or panadol extra..should be normal paracetamol..i consulted a doc b4 takin..he said its ok..

I had the same issue for about 3 weeks since 11 weeks on and off, tried my best to stay off Panadol and rest as much as I can. On very bad days, hubby help to massage the forehead, neck and temples and it helps

i had this problem and worst when i’m in the car, i drank lots and lots of water and tend to put myself im a calm dark room. closes my eyes. fight thru and didnt had panadol.

VIP Member

Have you seen your doctor? It could be due to hormones. Do drink lots of water or 100 plus (electrolytes). Try to sleep or rest more too.

I got the same issue at ard week 18. I went to GP, GP told me to eat normal Panadol, which is the same advice I got from my gynae.