Nan vs similac or other formula. What do you mummies look for in the formula?

31 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

What i look for in a fm is tat my bub takes well to it,that is the most important. And I agreed with some of the mum mentioned that sg fm selling really ex. E.g for the price of fm per tin in sg , u can get x2 tins in aussie. Comparing similac vs nan (in the process of switching my bub to nan cos some said d taste is closer to bm) is that : Similac - sweet smelling and the fm tend to take longer time to dissolve after preparing,texture slightly thick. Nan- no strong smell and the fm dissolve faster n texture not so thick.

Read more

They are all the same. Created w babies in mind. All these fringe benefits are really just marketing gimmicks. Only real thing is probiotic. Whether it's hypoallergic - baby w eczema or allergies will need this. Whether ur baby will take the fm well. Some babies prefer certain taste. If u can wait, get in touch with supplier or nestle club or something to get a small tin to see how baby likes the milk otherwise u will be wasting a large tin of milk if baby don't like the taste

Read more

It is subjective to each baby. There is no good brand I feel. You have to try and see if your baby takes well to it. For my gal she was on enfamil for first 10 months but I felt her phlegm was too much and when she went to enfamil 2 she has very bad constipation. I recently switched her to nan and she seems to be taking it better. She poops more often.

Read more

I also searching for an answer too. I'm a first time mummy and had been trial and error, in fact I tired all brands before I decided to settle with friso. For my baby, he unable to tk s26 and similac as it was too heaty for him. Phlegm occurred. Constipation for dumex and nan he manage a 90% growth with friso intake :)

Read more
7y ago

s26 is the sweetest

Agree that they are all the same, sometimes its just about the technicality and taste. Otherwise ill just feed fresh milk or goats milk. In Singapore milk powder are totally over priced.

depende kai baby momsh..... Baby ko ayaw sa NAN nasayang ang isang lata na binili ko..... binigyan ko ng S26 mas gusto nya na inum kaya hangang ngayon promil prin si lo

Sinubukan namin both pero yun baby ko masgusto yun Similac. But please read this: https://ph.theasianparent.com/similac-vs-nan Nandito yung comparison ng dalawa

Nagustuhan ng anak ko yun Nan nung maliit pa sya, pero mas gusto nya similac nung lumaki na sya read nyo po https://ph.theasianparent.com/similac-vs-nan

same lang naman po mommy. Both NAN and Similac. Pero yung sa mga pamankin ko before mas maSimilac sila.

Tried both and I think Similac is hardly dissolved in water. But taste wise seems Similac better