My son has a sore throat for the last one month. I had taken him to the doctor but he says he is fine. Can you suggest me of some home treatments?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Allergies, dry air, and outdoor pollution, as well as illnesses like the common cold, flu, measles, chickenpox, mononucleosis (mono), and the croup, can all cause sore throats. These illnesses are all viral infections that will not respond to antibiotics. Bacterial infections are responsible for only a small percentage of sore throats, including those linked with strep throat, whooping cough, and diphtheria. A doctor is required when there is severe sore throat accompanied by a fever, or when swollen tonsils block the throat. Licorice root has long been used to treat sore throats, and recent research shows it is effective when mixed with water to create a gargle solution. Honey mixed in tea or simply taken straight up has long been a home remedy for sore throat. Scientific studies have confirmed this natural wonder works. Gargling with warm salt water can help soothe a sore throat and break down secretions. It’s also known to help kill bacteria in the throat.

Read more

My daughter had the same problem and I noticed that steam really helps and even homeopathy. She has been taking homeopathic medicine for her sore throat and her voice is back! I would highly recommend homeopathy to one and all. Meanwhile you can go through this interesting article: https://homeopathica.com/7-best-homeopathic-medicines-for-sore-throat/

Read more

Salt water gargles work really well, but am not sure how old your baby is. You can otherwise give him a little warm water with honey and ask him to sip it throughout the day.

I mix honey with warm water for my daughter. She got better from her sore throat so I give her every times she has.

thanks