My son is finally ready for school at 18 months! Where can I buy a backpack for a toddler and any recommendations on brands you liked?

47 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Congrats!!! I got skiphop backpack for my kid. I got it at taka baby fair months ago when there was sale. Skiphop is a trusted and common brand. Alot of parents got this backpack for their toddler. You can get it from online: http://www.babyonline.com.sg/skip-hop-zoo-let-mini-backpack-with-rein-bee.html If you are not brand conscious and do not mind getting something cheap, you can get it from Q10. It is less than $10 after shipping. Material is cotton. You can put in washing machine for washing. http://www.qoo10.sg/gmkt.inc/Mobile/Goods/Goods.aspx?goodscode=423699286

Read more
Post reply image

What kind of school is he going? Childcare or just those 2 hrs playgroup? If its full day childcare then get those trolley bag so that he can pull along and wont be too heavy for him to carry. If its just 2 hr playgroup then get him a small haversack. Most important is to get him a bag with a character that he likes. Usually i bring my boy along and show him a few suitable option and let him choose

Read more

Kids are so spoilt for choice these days :) I remember using hand me downs from my older sibling and my first "new" bag was when I entered secondary school -- a Converse bag. Anyways, Kiddy Palace or even Popular Bookstore for those bags with popular cartoon characters and you can even try those push cart stores outside Bugis Junction for cutesy kids bags for an okay-price.

Read more

No particular brand. U can see which character he likes and get for him what he prefers. In this way, you are also encouraging him to go school. Had tried in my kids and it works. Initially get what is affordable but he declines and hate going to school as he doesn't like the bag he had.

Read more

There are so many available in the shops and online. Kids loves different designs. Usually I buy online so that if it gets spoilt, I can opt to purchase some other designs for them. Moreover, purchasing online is definitely a cheaper alternative.

Read more

Qoo10, taobao, ezbuy, kiddy place taka, Robinson etc. Get those trolley type as school will train them to take their bags from point to point. Example from class to shower point. None branded can be a very good bag as well. Not necessary to be branded

JJ Cole bag for kids are awesome. Light in weight, comes with a frront pocket and easy to dry. Dry fit kind of material. Its about $40 i think. You can get it from Mothercare. I got mine from Mothercare in specials. Go check it out :)

Post reply image

Skiphop bag. Available at Takashimaya children section. My latest is cheap small bag from Ntuc fair price :). Good if you can find a bag with two zips. Easier for the child to open and close to take things out.

Read more

i bought those normal school bag from bookshop. cheap and good. cos i know my children always drag their bags on floor whenever they wanna get out of school. at least if spoilt, i wont feel heart pain. hee...

VIP Member

Skiphop backpack is highky recommened. Long lasting, comfortable strap and comes with cute designs. Do hang a keychain for your Child to identify his bag because too many children used skiphop bag.