My right breasts produces more milk and hence more easily blocked sometimes my armpit have lumps. I am not sure is because of the lumps I feel my right side armpit has a stronger odour. what can I do to reduce it? I bathe twice a day and put on deodorant but i can smell myself... not that anyone complain. Is this normal? I did not get this with my first n 2nd pregnancy.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Not sure if the lumps are causing it. I suspect it could be due to postpartum sweating as well. To get rid of the extra fluid accumulated during pregnancy, your body will perspire and it could be at the underarm regions. To ease your discomfort, you can try: - Wearing loose, lightweight, "breathable" clothing - Ensure good ventilation in the room - Use talc-free powder to help absorb excess moisture Sometimes we could also be more sensitive to our body smells. Ask your loved ones directly (assuring them that you will not be offended), it could simply be your own perception.

Read more

The lumps could be caused due to ingrown hair. My friend had this problem not too long ago. She used to wax her armpits but stopped and switched to shaving when she got pregnant. Shaving the armpits can be quite harsh on the skin and ingrown hair can occur thus causing the lumps. Those lumps are known to be quite ghastly in terms of smell. Start with exfoliating the area where the lumps are and if you can, use tweezers to pluck out the ingrown hair.

Read more

i dont think the odour has anything to do with more milk. try bathing more, and in between clean the area with a damp cloth and apply a talc. you can also use a good roll-on deo on the armpits. wear loose clothes and avoid sweating. please also speak to your doc about this.

Read more

Ingrown hair, i have the same problem. Exfoliating will help tremendously.