My new born girl is having very bad nappy rash on her bum and private area. I have tried applying Johnson baby lotion and dapolene cream but nothing seems two work. Can anyone please recommend something which will cure it faster.

24 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Desitin works very well for my lo and has been recommended by our PD. Also, you might want to try these: 1) Choose baby wipes that are water based. Some baby wipes contain chemicals that are harsh for your lo's skin. Better yet, you can clean your lo's bum in the sink under running water. Then pat dry and make sure its dry before you put the diaper on. If you're not comfortable cleaning her bum in the sink, try to clean with wet cotton balls. 2) Try a different brand of nappies. 3) Change diaper more often. Hope this helps :-)

Read more
VIP Member

My doc gave me this Conazone Cream when my LO's butt had very bad rash. It works very fast..got to spead sparsely twice a day. Stop once recover and use ya daily nappy cream. Normally I use blue desitin in day. Nite I use purple desitin. When a bit of rash or redness, use purple desitin helps. Do rmb if now ya LO's quite bad, do clean and air it dry. Dont wear diaper, air it. Helps in recovery too.

Read more
Post reply image
VIP Member

Try to use cloth diapers if possible, or really absorbent diaper brands like Merries or Moony. Reduce the usage of wet wipes and wash her bottom with warm water. It worked for my daughter. You may also apply Bepanthen ointment. Other mummies recommend Desitin (blue). The purple tube has a higher dosage. http://sg.theasianparent.com/5-tried-and-tested-nappy-rash-remedies/

Read more

I have tried this method on my daughter when she was having really bad nappy rash and her skin was raw - baking soda soak. I soak her bottom in water mixed with baking soda and then air dry her bottom before putting on her diaper. During this period, I stopped using wet wipes and other products at the affected areas. Hope it works for your baby girl.

Read more

use desitin. it work well for my son who had badly nappy rash before which I see so hard pain. . make sure pat pat dry bb bottom . then apply the Desitin cream. if can dun put on the diaper first. let it air awhile. . if not u also can use cloth diaper.

U can try to get to apply california baby calendula cream, it works wonder even for heat rash too and it's very light on the skin. Try to avoid wet wipes for now and try to air dry her bum in between diaper changing session.

Use desitin, the more powerful one is the purple color one, Kkh is also using that if there are bad nappy rash. If this still don't work, might have to consider using diaper cloth and try to air the bum sometimes.

do not apply lotion on d rash as it ll make it worst. use parboiled water with cotton pads n pad clean everytime u change her diaper. it ll get better. n ensure it super dry b4 u apply nappy cream

If really very bad can bring to see dr 1st.. Dr will give cream to apply it recover fast once recover try apply desitin cream for prevention and avoid using wet wipes n try air baby bum a while..

VIP Member

If really bad, go polyclinic, they will give you cream to use to cure it 1st. My son have really bad nappy rash, so we need the cream to help. Can try tapioca powder. Work like wonder too.

Read more