My LO is 4 months only. Current caregiver who have been taking care of him for 3 weeks, mentioned that my LO has a bad temper at times. He would get angry, and will yell and scream till he get what he wants or calm down. I did experienced all these when I was taking care of my LO. I thought it is normal as they can't communicate when there's discomfort. My caregiver mentioned other kids, she took care had this behavior, but not as bad as mine. Now I start to worry. I wonder is there anyway to curb my LO temper, let him be more patient.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Baby may be going through a major leap in development known as the wonder weeks. During this period of time which will last for a week or two, babies are known to display the 3 C ( clinginess, crankiness and crying ) A leap in development means suddenly there are so many changes in his head and this change is so great that his world suddenly looks different and is too much for him to cope thus the fussiness. You can check out https://www.thewonderweeks.com/ they have more information and when these leap happens. They also have an app called the wonder weeks for easier usage.

Read more
8y ago

Caregiver have to be relatively patient with babies. Their only form of communication with us is to cry or express anger. It may take some time for caregiver to catch their cue as well as we do. Just have to be patient and try different ways to curb with

^5 same here... told hubby whn he grow older gonna send him to some calligraphy or drawing classes to train his patience.. hub also thinking to send him to religious classes..

My opinion. Caregiver need to find the cues from the bb. As long as familiar bb style, usually manageable. Everything can be familiarized and train.