My lo is 4 months old. He can sleep on his own for all afternoon naps (2x) for 1 to 2 hours. Just leave him on the bed with pacifier and a bolster he is gone after a few minutes. Only in the night, he needs to be carried (good day 15 mins) (bad day 30 mins and above). Why is this so? How can I train him to sleep on his own in the night? Good thing about him, he can now sleep through the night till 7- 8am. Bad thing about him, I need to wake up 2-3 times just to flip him facing up because he can't flip himself back or either diaper change. After that he will just fall back to sleep on his own.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

For a 4 months old baby, i'd say that he is no trouble at all with his sleeping way. My children all wanted breastmilk whenever they nap/sleep! I suggest you be patient and follow the flow. I mean, your baby is still young, already spent whole 9months in ur tummy, very2 close to you and now you are rushing him to be independent. Give him some time. Personally i think at age 6 months above, your baby will start exploring the world and be less independent so you can start bedtime routines too to help him sleep through the night. Good luck!

Read more