My edd is next month and I am now packing my hospital bag. Any idea what to bring? Will be deliver at tmc. They will provide pampers and baby wipes, do I still need to bring myself? How many sets of baby clothes I need to bring ? Baby shampoo and etc?milk powder?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Must-Haves: - Insurance info, hospital forms and birth plan (if you have one) - 2-3 pairs of warm, nonskid socks that can get ruined (for walking the halls before and after labor) - A warm robe or sweater -2 maternity bras — no underwire — and nursing pads (whether or not you plan to nurse, you’ll appreciate the support and leak-protection) - Lip balm (hospitals are very dry) -Toiletries and personal items — hairbrush, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, face wash, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, contact lens case and solution (remember, travel-sized products are your friends) - Eyeglasses - Headband or ponytail holder (avoid clips — they’ll probably poke you) - Lots of change for the vending machines and non-perishable snacks (you’ll probably be hungry after labor, and the hospital cafeteria could be closed) - mobile phone and charger -Camera, extra memory card, battery or charger - A gym bag packed with a change of clothes and basic hygiene products for your partner Take it or leave it: - Extra pillow (with a case that can get ruined, in a pattern distinguishable from hospital white) -Comfortable going-home clothes in six-month maternity size and flat shoes (or, just wear the clothes you came in… sorry, but they’ll probably still fit) - Bath towel (the hospital will likely supply a small, very thin one) - Hairdryer - Your favorite brand of soap, shampoo and heavy flow sanitary pads (the hospital supplies these things, but bring your own if you’re picky) - A few pairs of maternity underwear that can get ruined (the hospital will have disposable pairs, which some women find handy and others find gross) -A ruin-able nightgown (you can use those lovely hospital gowns, but your own might help you feel more human) - Breast pump, if you plan to use one -Slippers that can get dirty - Very light reading What to Bring For Baby: - Approved car seat - A coming-home outfit -Warm blankets (for the ride home) - Mittens, booties and beanie/hat (remember, babies are extra sensitive to cold) Milk (if you are not breastfeeding), diapers, wet wipes and baby clothes are provided by the hospital during the stay. They will charge you accordingly to how much u used.

Read more
7y ago

When we bring breast pump, how do we sterilised in hospital ? The pills or ?

thanks