My dd is 3 months and I am asked to shape her features like raising nose and pressin on lip area.....is it really required or even work? Pls share your thoughts and real life experiences

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I remember my mother doing that to me when I was younger (around 3 or 4 years old perhaps?). Apart from pinching my nose, she would also remind me not to frown to prevent winkles. Well, the latter sounds like good advice and also works well to stop me from sulking. With regard to the nose pinching, I do not think my nose got any sharper (then again, I could be too old for any changes to be "effective") but I remember taking it as a game and would pinch my own nose for fun. Personally, I don't think it will work and may even risk injuring the baby (as pointed out by Yuna). Also, there's an added risk of not knowing how the pinching will affect the shape of the nose (since I assume most of us are not plastic surgeons?). But, if you are keen to try, do practice caution in the amount of strength used when pinching the baby's nose.

Read more

No, there is little evidence to show that doing all that will shape your baby's features. I've heard so many stories of parents or grandparents pinching noses or even using pegs to make baby's nose sharper. In my opinion, it is ridiculous and according to experts, you may end up hurting your baby if you pinch her nose continuously or if you pinch it too hard. It will take anywhere from a week to a few months for your baby's nasal bridge to develop fully. Pinching her nose may affect this process. In extreme cases, her nose may be damaged requiring surgery. Best to let your baby's features develop naturally.

Read more

I agree with others. It's probably an old wives' tale. I know of friends whose mothers did that to them but it's not like they have the perfect noise. We should be more accepting of what our babies really are and let go of any physical appearance- related issues.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-4594)

I remember my grandma used to do this on us and the only result is pain and resentment :-) haha... Nope, this does not work and I would advise you against it as it might cause more damage than benefit.

My aunty told me if I do that, my kids will have higher nose bridge. It's all old wives tales. Dont think it works!

I have try but I does not work at all..