I am starting work in 2 days and feeling abit emotional. baby is my #3 (last bb) I really dont feel like going back but yet I need to cos raising 3 children in Singapore is expensive. I dont want to miss her milestones...

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Can understand totally. Have to discuss with your hubby if you can quit and be a SAHM. Also talk to your boss if you can work from home or flexible working hours. I quit my job to be a SAHM. Cos end up it cost less for me to stay at home than to send one baby to infant care and another to full day Cc. Plus infant care nearby all full already. My helper last minute don't want to work also.. Have to budget everything. My older boy is in PCF which cost only $180 per month but only 4 hours a day. So I have to Jaga a newborn and a 5 year old. Plus housework and cook 3 meals. I have no helper and my parents stay really far away. My hubby also work till late. It is not easy so you have to think carefully. But everything worked out. Now that my girl is older, I work from home. You have really sit down and discuss with your hubby before making any decisions.

Read more
VIP Member

You could also try discussing with your boss to see if you can work from home. I did and now I work from home once a week. It's better than nothing. Otherwise, you can look for freelance work which you can do at home so you can also keep an eye on the children. If you can't leave your full time job for the pay and its benefits, then there's really no two ways about it. Raising 3 kids in Singapore is indeed expensive.

Read more

See if you can change to a part time scheme or to work from home? If not, try to assure yourself that you will still be there for your children and your youngest will have the company of two elder siblings who will take good care of him/her.. You can ask your older children to help watch your baby and ask them how baby is growing.

Read more

Hi mummy, Totally know how u feel. Hugs. You will still be able to spend your time with your baby after working hours & weekends. Spend good quality time with baby and you will not miss any milestones.

Read more