My daughter keeps falling sick recently. could be due to the weather change, but I dont know what I can do. High fever on and off, vomiting, diarrhea etc. Brought her to the hospital, doctor says it could be stomach flu. My heart aches seeing her so restless and not her usual bubbly self. And the fact that my newborn is still in the hospital due to jaundice makes me feel even worse. I need some advice ):

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I totally understand what you are going through. I hope there's someone helping you either taking care of your daughter or your newborn. It's also your hormones that are causing you to feel emotional as you mentioned your newborn is still in the hospital. At that time, my no.2 was born. He was also admitted hospital for phototherapy due to jaundice. Besides feeling worried and helpless, I took this opportunity to rest at home knowing that he's in good hands of the doctor and nurses in the hospital. I told myself l, when he's back home I will have 24/7 time with him. As for your daughter, she will get well in no time with medication and love. All you need now is help and support from husband, family and friends. Hang in there!

Read more

Speedy recovery for your daughter 😊 1. Visit paed doc. for more details. 2. Continue breastfeed your baby. 3. Mom needs to eat more healthier foods eg; vegetables and fruits. 4. If baby is more than 6 months, she needs to eat more varieties of foods to get more nutrition. I hope your baby getting better soon cause I had an experience before this that my daughter had fever for more than 3 days. She got lower hb (haemoglobin) counts which is 8 and warded for 2 days. Hang in there okay. Hugs 💖

Read more

its a viral fever because of the weather and surroundings too,like sick friends. no need to worry. just give the medicine the doc prescribe, lots of water and do get your daughter vit c if she not taking any. my daughter got that viral fever too last month. just watch her tempt, give the med n lots of rest n water. its going to be better soon.

Read more

It's so tough having to travel to the hospital as I've been pumping BM for my newborn and I have to pass to the nurses and also latch on whenever I'm at the hospital.. And as for my daughter, she doesn't want me at all, she keeps looking for my mum. Am a single mum btw.

It happened to my son before. His pedia gave him an oral rehydration salt to prevent dehydration, probiotic drops to fight the bad bacteria in his stomach which is the causing of vomiting and abbott Hidrasec to stop the diarrhea. In just 1day he feel better already..

VIP Member

Can give her ribena something sweet or soup to keep her hydrated. Try cooking porridge with onion, it's good for health, help to kill germs. If ur girl is ok, can steam onion and squeeze the juice for her to drink. It's good for fever, flu, cough.

it is evitable to be restless when children are sick. you may try to give lots of water. maybe glucose can help too. try to prevent baby from dyhdration. do take care of yourself well so that you can take care of your kids.

Read more
TapFluencer

Best to bring child to her pediatrician for expert advice. Remain calm and take deep breath. Live one day at a time. Both you child and newborn will get through this stage together with you

It's part and parcel of growing up and building their immunity. Hang in there! You may try giving her probiotics and vitamins. My children love Yummi Bears Organic Immunity!

please visit a doc... don't give self medication..also make him take more fluid in order to keep her hyderated