My baby is super clingy to me. She doesn't even want her daddy to carry her. How can I make her less clingy to me?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yup, agree with the rest! Time for you to have a well-deserved me-time pampering session while daddy bonds with his girl. ;) Just take a couple of hours off and let daddy take over. haha.. but if you are worried, start with simple tasks first. Also, skin-on-skin contact also helps with bonding between father and baby. He could try that and cuddle baby to sleep if baby is willing. To let the baby get used to him, get him to speak/sing/play with the baby. I'm sure your baby will warm up to him soon. Good luck!

Read more

Get daddy to be more involve when you are doing activities with your baby. It could be during feeding that he sits next to baby and interact with him, it could be during diaper change - he can help distract a wormy baby, it could even be during play time. Slowly let go, and let daddy to takeover these activities and overtime your baby will warm up to him. I did this with my son & parents (who were going to care for him when I go to work) and it worked :)

Read more

Hee.. just thought this is interesting and wanted to share. Fits your scenario perfectly. Your baby is clingy to you because mummy is "tasty, warm and soft" and "comes when I start crying" while daddy is "..itchy" and "only comes in the evening". [Infographic taken from: http://brightside.me/inspiration-family-and-kids/how-we-see-mom-and-dad-at-various-ages-130405/]

Read more
Post reply image

Let her time alone with Daddy. Ask him to spend time with her, play with her, get her a toy or feed him sometimes. Make him more attracted to the baby

thanks