Handling toddler

Hi everyone , im 6 weeks pregnant & i have a 2 YO daughter. She is very clingy to me always want me to carry her everywhere , despite telling her that i having a baby inside my tummy cant carry her …. ( im oso worried that might affect my baby in the tummy) cos im not sure if this counted as heavy or not. Whats worst is she only want me to carry her my MIL or my husband she oso dw. & i m taking care of her myself my husband is working most of the time only 1 day off …. My only rest time is when she go school …. Any mummies having the same problem as me ? How u solve this problem?;) #advicepls

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hello! gonna say it's not easy but u'll just manage it somehow. I have 3yo daughter and 2yo son who don't go to school and I'm pregnant (giving birth anytime already) it was madness initially. as much as I want help from my mum (cause staying with parents), I still ended up doing things on my own since she has chores to do. ultimately, I changed my mindset and told myself that no one is going to help me unless I help myself. so basically for tt 9 months, I managed my kids on my own from day to night. there were times I was totally burnt out and kept crying non stop AND TT'S OKAY. husband did step up even more this time. but u will realise that you also won't be able to have that much rest as the previous times cause now need to step up and all. In short, it is NOT gonna be easy but it IS manageable if you tell yourself that I'm gonna take one day at a time since I'm gonna do this on my own. you got this mummy! 💪🏽

Read more

hello there mummy! i understand your worries esp in the first trimester. im in my 3rd trimester now w a 2YO too.. my daughter only wants me to feed, change, and do everything for her and dw anyone else. at first it was abit tough, but i try to talk to her about the baby nicely and how i need other ppl help. she cried and fuss about it at first but so far she is ok now w my hubby changing, and feeding her. occasionally i still need to carry her, but at times if i really cant (bc nw at the last tri, everywhere is aching + breathless), ill just put her down and coax/distract her with other things. try to take it easy in yr 1st tri ok mummy. i was advised by gynae not to carry my 2YO in the 1st tri, only after that i am more confident

Read more

Hi! It won’t affect your baby. I was preggy when my #2 was 18 months, I still babywear/carry her everyday and everywhere as I need to send my #1 to school, get groceries and run other errands. I asked my gynae about it and my gynae told me as long as I don’t feel any pain I can continue. So don’t worry much, give her more attention and carry her more as you might not get the chance to do it often once baby is out (:

Read more

no it won’t affect your baby if you carry her. i’ll just put my toddler down and tell him i can’t, because i get breathless. after few times he understood

it will not effect your baby inside, im on the 1st trismter me, my toddler and my husband got covid. my toddler want carry all the time.

no worries unless your gyne says you are at risk. I've carried my kid while heavily pregnant. no issues.

TapFluencer

🙏