My baby has chubby cheeks and double chin. Therefore, her neck area always become red and sweaty. I don't know what should I do. Can anyone advise me?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

No matter baby is little healthy or not, the area around neck does form layers and one has to clean in between the layers during the initial months and gradually when the baby is able to hold his head the layers also open up. During the day, you will have to wipe the neck area with alcohol swipes so that there is no fungus formation. Keep the area as clean and dry as possible. You can apply baby cream, and then dab it with baby wipes so that there is apt amount of moisturiser left.

Read more

I faced the same problem for my 2nd baby. He has fungus infection because we didn't take good care of the neck area. PD advised us to try to lift up the neck and air it to make it dry. For me, I also apply some organic baby powder that is talc free and fragrance free.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-927)

My son used to have those too. I keep his neck dry during feedings, and let his body "air" for a bit before applying any cream or moisturizers on him. The redness disappeared after a few days.

Keep the area dry but also try to treat the rash. Apply a light layer of Neal's Yard Baby Balm to prevent further aggravation by friction or accumulation of sweat.

Post reply image

thanks