my baby became too clingy all of a sudden and cries out loud whenever my wife puts her on mat. Why is that?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I’m guessing that your baby has gotten used to being held constantly by your wife. Here are some suggestions you can consider: - cuddle your baby till she is so sleepy that she is unable to protest when being laid onto the mat - use colourful toys suitable for infants to keep her occupied when being placed onto the mat In general, your wife may have to learn to say “no” to baby. Try having another caregiver look after your baby at times so that she will not be too clingy to your wife. However, I’m not too sure if this is really the issue. You can have a read at this article to see if the description fits your baby: http://www.newkidscenter.com/Baby-Cries-When-Not-Held.html

Read more

A baby might be clingy today and might not be during the next. Baby's behavior changes often and it might take you by surprise or might leave you feeling confused or clueless but remain calm and patient. Check if baby is unwell or hurt anywhere, if she's hungry or her diapers is wet etc etc - if not, probably she craves a little more affection and or attention :)

Read more

This depends a bit on how old you're child is, but you're little one is probably going through a new development stage. She either learns that she isn't a part of the mother anymore and feels separation anxiety. Or kids tend to get clingy when they learn a lot of new things in a development stage. Check out Wonder Weeks on these phases.

Read more

Sometimes, little ones become extra clingy when they are going through a growth spurt. This might be the case with your daughter. Also, she may be ill, therefore the clinginess.

Could it be that your baby is not feeling well? Sometimes it could be for this reason that she is clingy to your wife.

thanks