My 7yr old daughter results were not that great this year. I think I better start finding some classes or tuition for her. Any suggestions for a good centre? Wanna focus on Math and English. Tia!

59 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think it's important to find out why she is not coping first. Agreed that you'll need to quantify "not that great". Once you understand her issues, you can find the appropriate solution. Ask her how she feels about her work and find a solution together with her. I sat with my daughter and she says she needs help on science. We looked for a tutor or class together online on https://www.kinderful.com/ (a site made for parents looking for the best enrichment classes). She picked the tutor from the list and it has been going well. This made my daughter feel like it was her decision so she took the lessons well. We also agreed that part of the Science lesson would be to do practical experiments. This made the lesson fun. She has not gotten below Band 1 since she started Science (P3).

Read more

You may wish to consider Eye Level. They offer both English and Math so you can save on traveling time! Lessons are also catered to your child's level and pace. I feel that's important because that's no point pushing too hard as one learns best when one enjoys the class. Lessons are also affordably priced. Friends whose kids attend Eye Level, gave a thumbs up. In fact, one of them has a kiddo who's the same age as yours. You can find and book Eye Level and/or other trusted enrichment centres (personally curated by parents) on todaygotclass.com. Plus, earn rewards and get discount off your next booking. 👌🏻

Read more

I had Math tuition when I was younger and I realised that I prefered home tuition as opposed to group tuition because for me, Math just doesn't click as easily as other subjects and one on one help will allow for repeated explanations and questions. As for English, I never had any tuition because it's my favourite thing ever and I always scored high marks -- reckon it's alot to do with my love of reading an writing. Get your daughter to read articles from the newspapers everyday and aim to finish a book every week.

Read more

In my opinion, your daughter's attitude to learn is more important than finding a good tuition center. With excellent tutors combined with a poor attitude, her results can only go so far. With a great attitude and a great tutor, she'll probably be able to bring out the best in her. A tuition center for Math I recommend would be Kumon. They drill kinds on lots of questions about 100 per session. For English I think buying assessment books and reading more would be sufficient.

Read more

Does your daugther learn better in a group or individually? If she learns better in group settling, I would like to recommend The Learning Lab as they have in-house proven methods in coaching kids in English and Maths. If she learns better with one-to-one attention, I suggest to look for home based tuition teacher. You may want to look for teacher recommendation from her senior classmate or research in kiasuparent.com

Read more
VIP Member

Before you get her tuition, assessment or anything else, sit down calmly and talk to her in a casual manner over it. Is it "not that great" because it didn't meet your expectations, or was it because something happened and she couldn't focus well? Try to understand her point of view before you make any decisions, afterall, grades are not everything anymore!

Read more

My business partner focuses on study skills rather than on tuition as it provides students with the learning ability to cope with changes at every level. That said, 7 years old still very young. Wait until 10 years old. Their brain still adapting to changes in environment and isn't exposed to stress yet.

Read more
VIP Member

You might wanna try 'Monsters Under The Bed' a English creative writing school which enhance in the reading and writing the English language. The school promotes reading and writing as a baseline. Anyway https://www.facebook.com/mutb.page/

Read more

Join our preview this Sunday. You get to learn & bond with her. Plus a simple strategies which your child can remember 30words after that preview.

VIP Member

In what way of not that great? Did she fail or was she not to your expectations? Have u checked with her on which area she is unsure of?

Read more