My 1YO baby was bit by a mosquito it seems and she have developed a terrible rash. Is there a home remedy to bring down the swelling, I don't want to give her allopathic medicines?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Try a basil rub -- my late grandmother used this method on my brothers and I when we were young. She'd finely cut fresh basil leaves and rub it on the spot that itches. Alternatively, you can boil some water with basil leaves. After the water has cooled and the basil has steeped into the water, take a clean wash cloth and dip it into the basil water. Dab the wet cloth where it itches and it works wonders!

Read more

For me, I use ice pack to cold compress on the swelling. After that I will apply aloe vera gel on it to soothe the swelling. This works on my kids. Also, to stop the itch, you can try the methods shown in the picture.

Post reply image

Ice packs and coconut oil for me. Sounds like your bub has sensitive skin. I have the same problem too. And my son follows my skin, too sensitive. When i get bitten it swells up and takes forever to disappear.