is it a must to feed my lo cereal? my lo is 9 mths and I haven't given her any cereal. only fruits, vegetables, pasta. am I missing out any nutrients if I don't give her cereal?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I don't think your baby is missing out. I've lots of friends who have never given their babies rice cereal because it's not really a staple in their home countries (Sweden, Norway). Instead their babies are fed fruit and veggies purees etc. As long as the foods you are feeding baby is nutritious, healthy, age appropriate and easy for baby to eat, I reckon there isn't an actual need for the traditional rice cereals.

Read more

It is not a must. It is simply a popular recommended first food as it is easy to digest and has lower risk for allergic reaction (for rice cereal, if I'm not mistaken). Your selection of vegetables, fruits and pasta sounds like a good balance of nutrients. You can consider adding some meat too or protein source like egg or tofu. :)

Read more

To me cereal is carbo. If you have given her pasta, i would say thats fine. Besides all the fruits and vegetables carbos are also important and shouldnt be missed out. There must be a staple, pasta or potatos are good too.

I don't think so. Basically it is just for easier digestion. I believed u pureed the food ya. Taking real food is definitely better.

Read more
VIP Member

Not a must. But it’s easy to prepare.