Learning to flip on bed or floor?

Is it a must for baby to play on the floor at all times in order for them to learn how to flip earlier? The floor space at home is really limited so most of the time my LO is on the bed

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i put my babygirl on the bed for tummy time due to limited floor space as well. i only let her stand for a while on the floor, so she wont get scared for cold floors once shes able to flip, crawl and walk. on the floor doesnt determine flip earlier. i started tummy time on my chest when shes few days old. less than 1month old, nurses said her neck is stronger than some 3month baby and shes able to flipover when she wants to. shes a playful baby so she knows but dowan to do 😂now shes gg 3months soon, shes able to hold her own, but i still do support incase of anything.🤓

Read more

My LO flipped on his play mat.. He tried to flip on his cot too.. did not let him flip on the bed as the mattress is not firm enough.. Try to let baby flip on firm area..

Super Mum

As long as the bed mattress is firm, that’s perfectly fine:) My LO first learned to flip in her cot. Now she’s unstoppable. Lol

VIP Member

Its ok to be on the bed.. just do more tummy time with the baby and they will learn to flip over

4y ago

Thanks! 💕

Super Mum

If no baby mat. Put baby on thicker yoga mat and let baby tummy time or flip

As long as the bed surface is firm, it should be fine for your LO :)

Super Mum

Can flip on bed too if bed large enough

Super Mum

Put baby mat on floor to let baby flip

My baby learned to flip on his bed.

Is ok but keep an eye.