Bathing one month old

Hi mums, how often do you bathe your newborns per week? We have been bathing my one month old everyday so far since he was two weeks old but I read several resources that stated that they generally only need two to three baths per week until about 4 months old. Should we follow that given how hot SG is?

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Pls do not follow Google. Our weather here in SG is unpredictable and it can be very humid. Even adults feels sticky, what more babies. And they have sensitive skin especially at the back of their neck where rashes can flare up. I bath my premature baby once every morning, head to toe wash but not more than 10 mins (they have sensitive skin and be careful not to over bath or their skin will turn dry and peeling) and wipe clean with warm water in the evening 6-6.30 pm. Will only bath him twice a day when he turns 3 mths old. That's when they start to suck their hand more often and drool. That's what I did when I had my older kids back then too. No issues with them so far.

Read more

For the first 2 months, I bathe my boy once a day but now tt he's 3 mths twice a day. So far his skin is alright, not dry. SG is so hot my baby keeps perspiring now but I avoid turning on the aircon in the day to help his body regulate to the weather here. I can't imagine bathing my baby just twice a week! Do what is best for ur baby. If ur baby's skin doesnt dry out easily and stays healthy, no peeling or rashes, just stick to ur current routine.

Read more

I bathe my baby once in the morning and wipe down in the evening. Given the humid weather here, I prefer my baby to freshen up when she wakes up and before going to bed. Been doing it since we brought her home from the hospital.

VIP Member

Like most mummies here, I also bathed my baby every morning and wiped down every night. Gradually this became giving him a bath twice a day at around 5-6 months old. Now he’s 21 months old and showers twice daily.

since sg weather is hot I bathe him everyday as he has develops rashes n skin acne last time now he is 9 mos bathe him twice

Bb is Bath every morning and wipe down every night. Applied lotion after bath or wipe down.

VIP Member

bathe daily in the morning and moisturize with lotion after, also wipe down at night!

I bathed my baby once every 2 days otherwise her skin will peel n dry

Bathe baby daily in the morning. Evening time just wipe body.

TapFluencer

I bath baby every morning n sponge her every night.