14 Replies

I had Covid at W16. Had 2 doses of vaccine and was due for a booster, which I had to postpone due to being positive. I got better on the 6th day with mild fever on the first night and coughing all throughout. I am still coughing 2 weeks later but it does gets better. I understand your worries; I would be too. My whole household had covid and I cooked for them even after my husband tested negative. We sanitise/ wash hands a lot, sanitise the house and surfaces 2 times a day and wear masks. Since I even cough throughout the night, I even slept with my mask. Not got going to lie, there are some days I get so worried about my baby but have to think positive.

Thank you so much for the sharing. At least I m now feeling less anxious. 😊

I was to take my booster shot by mar10, but was C+ at wk 20 last mth, lasted 7 days, fever one day, then flu one day, cough the rest 5 days.. post recovery was mild coughing and lethargy. Was worried so i called hospital and they said as long no bleeding, baby is active and kicking, no chest pains or water bag breaking, can stay home recover. The medical side was considering me to go kkh for observation but since hosp are overwhelmed, no beds and mine is not with serious symptoms, they made me monitor at home. Staying positive helps. Relax and talk to baby. Hopefully u stay clear of C+.!but if it comes, don't panic or stress pls. Stay safe.

I totally understand how you feel! Just a personal thought .. I feel that regardless of if one will recover well from covid, it’s best not to get covid isn’t it? Because we don’t know what are the long term effects in the future. Family members should think for the well being of people who are pregnant or people with babies. My husband feels that we will get it sooner or later . But I explained that if we can choose or prevent from getting it.. isn’t it the best? Moreover we have a baby at home now. Please take care and stay safe!!

Hi, I was 26w pregnant when I had covid last year, was partially vaxxed at that time. Previous protocol required me to be warded at KKH so I stayed a few days. Luckily, I had mild symptoms - scratchy throat and blocked nose. Baby was also closely monitored, and he is now 2.5mo :) it's normal to be worried! Even now, I don't dare to go out or have any visitors. Your concerns are valid because not everyone who is positive will have mild symptoms or will recover well. You never know how your body will react until you get it, which I hope you wont Take care yeah!!

Hi! i got covid too when i was 18 weeks pregnant with baby #2 and alr got my booster shot before. thruout covid, symptoms was not so bad. however the cough lasted more than a month. and on off migraine is still ongoing until now. and i am not as energetic as before too. i get tired easily and cant focus well at work. listen to your body and trust your instict. cz in the end its your body and your baby. nobody shuld be telling u this and that when it comes to your baby and you. stay safe!

hi mummy..i on my wk 11 preggy n i just recovered from covid too after 4days of being positive.but my cough still on n off n it affect my headaches so terrible that i am unable to sleep peacefully at times n could b cranky too.its difficult n really not like a normal person i feel. but i always have to think of my bb 1st that make me have the determination to get well fast..thus drink lots of water to keep us hyderate..lets take care ok.jiayou!!

Thank you so much for the response. 😊 I feel less anxious now.

I was coivd positive at 26 weeks. It felt like normal fever and flu actually. Only diff is that medication prescribe for pregnant ladies are not as strong so my cough took extra long to recover.. But I ended up trying natural method using cloves n honey and my cough is gone perfectly, I made sure not to drink cold water or eat cold food. I was negative at day 7.

I am vaccinated with 2 doses and tested positive on week 13. Was placed in HRP and recovered in a week. I am on week 16 now but having some joint pains and headaches but not sure is due to covid or pregnancy. Consulted my gynae and he said baby is fine so far. So don’t get too worried for now. Take care !!

hello janice hope all is well for you 😄 i got covid at 8 weeks i just enter 2nd tri now. i recovered after a week. however my cough last about a month and right now i don’t have that much energy as before. not sure is due to covid or preggy 😄 jiayou! take care.

Am 23 weeks pregnant today and also just tested positive today. Am like you too, worried about baby but my husband’s friend’s pregnant wife recovered well so I’m staying positive! So far only having mild symptoms and I’ve also recently got my booster dose

Trending Questions

Related Articles