rashes

hi mummy, my 2wks old got rashes around the neck, may i knw what to apply?

24 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Use boil cool water to clean. Then start to think, could it be the formula milk, detergent that we use, cloth that cause rashes? Etc.. Also consult a doctor you might not want to risk put any cream and worsen the rash. Every child is different and some can use this cream some cannot. So recommend ask a doctor for advise.

Read more

I son has it too. I went to pd and they prescribed steroids and also moisturiser. It went away but then came back. You need to use moisturizer all the time. Keep the neck dry and make sure the clothing or bibs not too tight around the neck.

Hi my LO has the same issue - was prescribed Ceradan and subsequently Bioderma Atoderm by PD which works great as it has anti itching properties. Apparently, National Skin Centre uses the same. Try to avoid steroids cream.

Post reply image
4y ago

ok thanks for yr advice 😊✨

Hi mummy, you may try applying California Baby Calendula cream. Works very well for rashes & eczema, brings down the redness. :) Baby's skin is very smooth after applying.

Post reply image
Super Mum

If it’s a milk/heat rash, just keep the area clean and dry. (Use a clean towel to wipe) It should clear up in a day

VIP Member

Try to apply aloe Vera gel and monitor. If it doesn’t get better, please bring your child to see a doctor

Super Mum

Perhaps better to consult a paediatrician, you may not want to self-medicate esp for babies

VIP Member

Best to see pd and let him diagnose and prescribe suitable and safe medication for lo.

VIP Member

Lucas Papaw and mustela are good. If does not improve, pls see a doctor.

TapFluencer

Just use moisturiser it will go away after confinment.