How to get rid of rashes around 3-4 months old baby's neck?

Alot of Rashes appearing on Baby's neck (all around). Tried cleaning regularly and applying mosturiser but not working. The rashes seem to increase. Are these heat rashes? #advicepls

How to get rid of rashes around 3-4 months old baby's neck?
5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Did you try reducing the water temperature during shower? I lowered the temperature to 32-33 degrees and it got better rather than the recommended temperature (36-38). Wear sleeveless mesh singlets, do regular wipe downs if the weather is hot and don’t apply anything first. Can apply lotion at last shower before bed. In the noon sometimes I just let my LO go topless to minimise the friction with clothings.

Read more
2y ago

Thank you 🙏🏻 Will try reducing the bath water temperature and let my LO wear looser clothing. Hope it will get better.

last time i apply corticosteroid thinly for afew days and after the skin heals completely then maintain with cream. i know most people are against steroid cream but its the fastest way to heal. (usually 2 -3 days). occasionally will still have rash so i will still use it. my son is now 25months old. btw my son has eczema and is prone to heat rash. see a PD and they will advice accordingly.

Read more

These are heat rashes. Do not apply moisturisers as it will block the sweat glands from sweating and it will cause more rashes. Don't apply powder to keep it dry as well. We use ing corticosteroid... get the very mild kind from pharmacy. it comes with different level of steroids so make sure u get the most mild.

Read more

It looks like heat rash for me. my LO had it too. I tried lots of creams and lotion but didn't work. Bought Pureen Antiseptic powder to try and it worked amazingly. my LO's neck is clear.

Do visit a PD! My LO had similar rashes, and was told by PD that it was fungal infection, and had to apply antifungal cream, also to keep the area clean and dry!