Stretch Marks!

Hi Mummies, When do you start using the cream to avoid stretch marks on your tummy?

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Apparently, it’s genetics. But creams can reduce it by keeping your skin softer and thus more stretchable without tearing. I used Sebamed from 2nd trimester onwards, twice a day after shower. I only have a two small not very obvious areas of stretch marks by week 33. Much better than my mum’s. Very happy with the effect already. Also not greasy at all. I like it very much. I also tried a sample cream by Clarins. Obviously very expensive if buy out-of-pocket. Not sure of effectiveness but the feel is very smooth and luxurious.

Read more

I didnt use any stretch mark cream except a moisturizing shower gel which is promoted to me that can help reduce the stretch mark appearance. Used 1/3 bottle, observed no new marks appeared (i'm plus size btw, so I have old marks) and kept it aside for upcoming confinement use, so ultimately it depends on how your body progress.

Read more
3w ago

The shower gel is Rebloom, old marks is still there though. But no appearance of new stretch marks.

i use bio oil + stretchmark serum and cream set from mama’s choice! i guess just use as early as you can to prevent and keep your skin moisturised, but still it depends on genes. i apply once every night before bed.

Main factor is mostly genetics. doesn't really matter how much or what cream you apply. My mum had zero, so I wasn't worried at all about my stretch marks. in the end I really had none

Just start as early as you can but doesn’t mean you apply means you 100% won’t have stretch marks. It’s just to prevent and lower the chance of appearing.

Hi mummy. I'm not sure if i've been using the wrong brand or what, but I have been applying it since the day i found out. And they still appear. Hahahahaah

As soon as I found out I was pregnant (4 weeks then). Surprisingly I really have no stretch marks

I use mama choice stretch mark cream and have no stretch marks https://s.shopee.sg/9f1fSAKy7v

I’ve been using Bio Oil since 2nd month until now week 38 😃 no stretch marks so far 🙏🏻

3w ago

I read somewhere that Bio Oil has Vitamin A or something which is not so good for baby. Might want to double-check. They have another version without this ingredient for pregnancy.

stretch mark cream is meant to reduce the occurrence and not prevent 100%