Hi mummies, I'm an oversupply mum but i don't eat alot, maybe one day 1 meal or if have time, will be 2 meal. Will it affect my baby? Cause i breastfeed her but she doesn't seem to grow bigger. Her birth weight was 4.6kg. Within a month she gained 700g which is at a slow paced. Is it because my milk is not fatty enough to make her gain more? Thank you.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

May I know why are u only eating 1 or 2 meals a day? U maybe running into issues soon if u don't look after ur diet. During pregnancy, our body will store fats that can be used to make milk - so right now ur body may still have the fat to transfer to the milk since u are only 1 month post partum. But pls note that ur body maybe in starvation mode which will cause ur body to hang onto the precious fat and whatever nutrients it can get, yet the breastmilk needs to be produce and will steal from this store. So there is too much demand and the milk can end up becoming lack of nutrients or thin. And u will be giving baby ur own body's own storage of protein and calcium and minerals which in the long term is no good at all. Pls try to eat healthily If u are not breastfeeding, u need minimum 1200 cal. If u are, u need abt 1700+ cal. Pls don't go below that and try to eat nutrient rich food, not the oilY/fatty kind. If u want to lose weight, u can consider lowering the amount of carbo(not eliminating it) and up the amount of proteins and fiber yar

Read more

700g weight gain a month seems healthy for a 1 month old baby. Most babies should decrease around 10% weight during their first week, the subsequently increase approx 125g-200g a week. Here's a schedule of roughly how much weight a baby should gain. 2 weeks to 4 months - 125-200g (5-8oz)per week 4 to 6 months - 50-150g (2-6oz)per week 6 to 12 months - 25-75g (1-3oz)per week Remember, what's important on top of weight gain is also to ensure your LO is peeing, pooing and not dehydrated.

Read more