Delivery cost

Hello mummies!Im new here Im due on coming may 22 has anyone gave birth at NUH?what was the cost of Natural water birth can anyone share ?Im a foreigner and holding LTVP does it cost same?or will i be Charge more just because im not PR??

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

You may need to check with your gynae about water birth as not all gynaes do it. Package or pricing wise, also need to get an estimate from gynae and hospital . Likely no subsidies for foreigner. This article may probably help you in your planning for a water birth. https://www.google.com/amp/s/sg.theasianparent.com/water-births-all-you-need-to-know-about-planning-one/amp

Read more
VIP Member

water birth at NUH only a few gynae do. you need to check with them. You also need to hire doula (they have a different name for it) for water birth.. there is a hotline to ask about all these questions. you can search online then call them to ask. iirc they charge according to how long you used the tub for delivery.

Read more
VIP Member

Water birth has to be arranged beforehand. Did you see the Gynea to check if your condition is suitable for water birth as not everyone can opt for water birth? I know it ranges from $500 to $3,000 depending the facilities used and this amount is in addition to your maternity package fee.

5y ago

My next Check up at Mount E is next week i will check ,thank you

VIP Member

you will need to check with gynae on the costs, and there will be a package that he/she will normally have. as for the hospital charges, there won't be any subsidies as you are a foreigner and can be quite a hefty sum. you will be paying the full amount.

VIP Member

It’s always better to check with the hospital, they will give you the estimate rates and let u know whether u are entire to subsidy or nt. It’s safer.

VIP Member

Not sure about water birth but I don’t think you’ll receive subsidies with a LTVP. You can check with your gynae for estimated costs :)

5y ago

Nop I won’t Luckily my hubby company will help a bit😀😬 if i give birth at Mount E Orchard it would cost about $10k roughly but since water bath sounds relaxing depending on the cost i wanted to give it a try thats why im checking they have replied through Email but NUH never pick up the phone i might have to go all the way to the hospital to check 😂😂

VIP Member

Check the hospital website or call their hotline to find out. They will be able to advise accurately.

VIP Member

am a malaysian. holding PR. Gave birth natural without epidural, took wardA. cost about 6k.

Nyimak bund