Exhausted from pumping

Hi mummies I'm a ftm at 22.. and I'm exclusively pumping bc i couldnt get the hang of latching my LO on and i was getting frustrated so i opted for bottle feeding n pumping. I'm getting very tired from the pumping!! and because of being so tired i do miss my pumping time and end up with engorgement... which rly hurts!!!!! and now i find myself having to pump every 1.5h - 2h which leaves me with little to no sleep/rest... any advice from mummies? also any idea how to slow down my milk production?? and stop engorgement??

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I can felt you. I used to pump every 2 to 3 hourly. I have to take care my lo n feed her. Even during confinement, I can’t rest also. It’s really big challenger to me. my lo 6 mths old now. I try to drag the session of pumping then now I’m only pump 4 times a day. Before that I’m use to pump 8 to 9 times a day. After pump, I have to feed my lo. Once I’m finished feeding, then I can felt the engorgement again n have to pump again. After dragging the pump session, it will be better. But my yield for a day still almost the same after reduce the pumping.

Read more
5y ago

drag pump time by how long? I'm currently pumping at 15-20mins. usually after 13mins there's no more milk coming out but i still continue pumping.