Hi mummies, I was advised to introduce bottle when baby reaches 6 weeks. What kinda bottles to introduce to DL babies? An LC I know recommended medela's calma. Thanks!!

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think it really depends on ur baby and ur beliefs. Some babies only want the traditional cheaper bottles, some prefer this brand to that brand - but after having kiddo and testing things out - all are really marketing gimmicks. Babies are very versatile and will take anything especially when hungry (last time where got so many bottle n teats this and that and we still drank and grew up fine). I used NUK, some brandless bottle, simba, mothercare inhouse brand, some bottle at the KKH - all also ok. Sure baby had preference and some bottles were better for him - which u need to try to find out - more of the flow speed - slow flow in some brands are too slow for them - so as long as ur baby is ok w the flow speed it will be fine. I DL, used nipple shield for one side for some time too - so babies are really versatile. I think that it is good to train a versatile baby instead of only giving him what he likes - but that's my belief. I using nuk and simba now - prefer glass bottles. Mothercare as my standby bottle

Read more

Hi sorry to ride on this post. I have short/flat nipples. Lo latches on though. But I'm worried that once bottle introduced he will prefer the bottle due to longer teat aka "nipple" and reject my nipple and forego latching altogether. I'm really afraid and don't dare to introduce bottle to be honest..I failed latching my #1 in the past and don't wish to fail with my #2 now that things are going ok the past 1 month...sigh..

Read more
8y ago

Firstly, babies will have a preference for sure. But it does not mean they won't want to latch either. U can coax etc. I used latch, nipple shield(short nipples on one side), bottle, pacifier, all within the first month and it's ok. Babies are v versatile - don't need to spoil them to carter to their needs actually U shld post a fresh post so that u can get more ideas and support

Your baby will decide! Don't buy a lot of one brand, start with one and see how it goes. When you find one your baby likes you can buy more. But who has told you that you need to introduce a bottle? You don't need to. Only if you want to.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-18221)

You can try with Pigeon Peristaltic bottle. Many mummies managed to bottlefeed and latch on with it. Some finds it helpful with Nuk but I personally find that Pigeon is much better.

I tried munchkin, avent, Pigeon. Pigeon teat is the slowest flowing which is good for DL babies n supposedly Pigeon teats are closest to the feel of the breast

My LO likes Mam bottles. Tried pigeon and tommee tippee also but not as good as Mam for my case :)

VIP Member

My #1 accepts ebm only from Tommee Tippee. #3 only from pigeon peristaltic bottle.

My baby likes tommee teppee and Dr browns natural flow bottles

Thanks mummies!