Sleepy But Cannot Sleep :(

Hello mummies, I sometimes have troubles sleeping even though I feel fatigue. It's like I can't sleep on my sides because (at times) my tummy will feel uncomfortable. I can only afford to sleep straight. I'm at my 10th week now. Anyone shared the same experience as me? ☹️

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

My gynae says I can slp on my back till end of 2nd trimester. I only need to sleep on side during 3rd trimester. I am a 100% sleep straight kind. However, I start to try to adjust sleeping on side near end of 2nd trimester so that I can slowly transit to sleeping on side when the time comes. Now in 3rd trimester, I really miss sleeping on my back .

Read more
4y ago

I've been sleeping in my back all along but now I'm starting to feel a small weight on my tummy and I realized that I tend to pee often when I lay on my back compared to my sides 😂 just as much as uncomfortable it feels to sleep on my sides, I tried to tuck in small pillows here and there

Yess, im on my 11th week now and ive been having difficulties to sleep lately i can only sleep after 3am eventho im really really tired. I too cant sleeep on my sides, but i happen to read that its not good to sleep on your back during pregnancy so i put pillows on my other side and i feel comfortable. you can try!

Read more
4y ago

I saw an article on sleeping position too!! When I read that it says sleeping on your back is bad, I got worried. Plus, I also realized that I tend to pee often when I lay on my back compared to my sides 😂

Ok to sleep straight. I still do it sometimes at week 20+ as a reflex, but now at week 27 I’ll tilt my body slightly as tummy feels slightly heavier, so if I sleep solely on back, I feel a weight on the tummy area.

4y ago

I'm at my 10th week but I'm already feeling the (small) weight whenever I sleep on my back 🥺

I propped my sides, below my tummy and back with small pillows or you can get maternity pillow

4y ago

Thank you for the recommendations 😊

VIP Member

Try using a maternity pillow?

4y ago

I'll look into that. Thank you 😊

VIP Member

Yes