Sleeping sides.

I can't seems to sleep on either of my sides. If I do, it feels like my body is being compressed and will start feeling nauseaus. Sometimes the feeling is like im so hungry kinda nausea. So i can only turn on my sides for just few mins and back to sleeping on my back. Anyone experience this? #firsttrimester #firstbaby

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I'm a back sleeper too, I read that I should start sidev sleeping early so I can get used to it by later trimesters, but it really isn't as simple. I'm third Tri now and sleeping on my side more, I find hugging a big soft pillow and having a bolster to lie my back against (so even if backsleep I'm slightly angled) helps. Some nights if I wake up 4am I still can't go into deep sleep on my side and just drift, but I feel sufficiently rested. Good luck!

Read more

Normal i experince this also when I'm in my first trimester 🤣 it gets better eventually. Once your belly start getting bigger, you can't sleep on your back anymore cause sometimes you feel like you can't breathe. So enjoy your time sleeping on your back during first trimester 🤣

hi mummy! if you are in your 1st trimester, it's still ok to sleep on your back. im a back sleeper and i had difficulty sleeping on my sides. i used a lot of pillows so that my upper body is elevated and i can sleep a lot better

During 1st tri it's ok to slp on back as bb is small, won't compress your other organs. It's normal and eventually u'll get used to sleeping on side