Hi mummies Anyone tried the Avent Thermal pad before? Isit good? I heard mixed reviews abt the heating function...mostly negative reviews..please share more:) thanks!

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Are you referring to the Avent Thermal Gel Pads for nursing? If so, I've heard negative things from my friends too -- not really negative but more of unsatisfactory views. They think that it does not live up to the hype, for the price they are paying (around 20SGD). The heat pads do not stay heated for long and the cold pads gets tacky when it reaches room temperature. Most say that they rather just use a warm or cold wash cloth or bath when they need relief from nursing.

Read more
VIP Member

For the fastest effect, use real hot warm towel on ur breast instead, maybe hot that burning sensation to ur fingers, but the releasing of blockage milk is so fast, if not bath under hot bath, it's easier to release milk too, and after tt it's easier to pump too.

Bought this too, urm...didn't really help that much for me. I just use it to soothe the red patches (if kena engorgement) and take lecithin also. Then get LO to dl. Btw, cold works better for me.

Don bother to waste money on it. Ice put on towels or use towels even better. Overpriced and doesnt even help much.

it's so so only. no big deal. i find that it's overpriced. definitely won't buy it again

VIP Member

I tried. it doesn't work. I rather get hot towels.