How to feed baby panadol

Hi mummies, when your baby has fever, and need to give panadol, if its during feeding time, do you feed before or after feed ? I tried giving baby panadol after milk, but he rejected it not sure if because he’s already very full or if it tasted bitter. Baby is 4m old. So end up he either reject the panadol or only consume very little. I usually give using bottle teat so he would suck and it wont spill, but i tried syringe too bt he would spit it out

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I usually gave before milk as I feel it will helps baby get off the med taste. I also prefer not to mix it in milk cause I scare it will trigger my baby not to want milk next time as the taste is diff. I use syringe and place it at the side of baby's mouth facing in so wont get spit out. but overall, do what comfortable for both you and baby will get the best result! 🥰

Read more

After feeding, you can wait awhile then feed panadol. I bought toppingkids silicone medicator (Eeeek) and it works better than syringe as it’s like mini milk bottle. https://toppingskids.com/products/eeeek-silicon-medicator I tried syringe and all flow out.

It doesn’t matter before or after milk. When using a syringe, insert it at the side of baby’s mouth instead of the centre.

3mo ago

Thanks for the tips!

I mix with milk when it’s feeding time

TapFluencer

not necessarily after milk