Size of cake for 1st birthday party with 100 pax guests

Hello! I'm planning to host a 1st birthday party for my boy coming Feb 2025. We have abt 90-100 guests attending. There will be buffet catering. But i not sure what size of cake I should get. Do i need to serve the cake to every guest? Or is actually fine that the guests don't get to eat the cake? To get a cake that can serve up to 90-100 pax, it will cost a bomb! The cake I'm looking currently (customise safari theme cake) that can only serve up to 67 pax is already $500+ 😅

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

In my opinion, the majority will give ang bao so at least some costs are covered. Since it's only a one time event I feel you should just spend where it's necessary to accommodate the number of guests attending which in this case is the buffet spread. Also, I doubt your guests will mind if they don't get to eat the cake since not everyone likes cake but most likely they will just go for the buffet line instead so cake size you don't really need to get a big one.

Read more
1w ago

yea most of the guests are adults and seniors, so i also doubt they will want the cake 😅

In case anyone have anything to say/don’t look nice, maybe can consider getting 1-2 more normal cakes on top of the themed cake? There will definitely be some couple guest who wants to share a slice instead but better to have extra than shortage 😊. For me, first birthday spend abit more, second birthday simple simple can liao haha.

Read more

Went to a party where the cake cutting was way later than expected then by then most people left, I don’t think people really want to eat the cake tbh, they would have food alr from the catering :)

TapFluencer

Exciting! I should think a tiny slice per guest shd b fine... afterall not every1 1 2 eat cake esp aft buffet catering :)

try https://www.icakes.com.sg/ I did a customised cake for my boy.