Any mummies using tula carrier? What is the different between baby carrier and toddler carrier?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It also depends on ur baby's height As the panel size is different. U can find Tula at quite a lot of shops, bum wear, online at pupsik and a lot more other places. They sometimes participate in baby fairs too but u have to check w the organizer as sometimes the organizer recycle the magazines. Baby carrier sg also. Is there a reason why u are only looking Tula as there are really many brands out there and some don't need infant insert or they could have a mesh or airier cloth material. I think u shld try a few carriers before purchasing as some pple like certain carriers better

Read more
8y ago

Anonymous, recommendations for carrier depend on several factors: your child's age, weight and height; parents' built; budget etc. You may want to join https://www.facebook.com/groups/babywearingsg/ for more info.

The difference is in the sizing. Baby carrier or standard carrier is for newborn up to about 20 kg. Whereas the toddler carrier is from about 20kg and up. If you intend to use the standard carrier with a newborn, you'd need to use an insert along with it. It's not advisable to use a toddler carrier for a newborn as the size wouldn't fit. Can refer to the link below for a comparison on the sizing. http://www.tulababycarriers.com/pages/best-baby-carrier-options

Read more
8y ago

do you know where can I get the tula from? like brand new..

The different is the sizing . Baby size is suitable for newborn (a extra insert is need till 6 m) up to 20 kg. Whereas toddler is for 18month onwards. The panel for the toddler size is very big n tall compare to baby size. My girl is 33 month and still can fits a baby size . The many local retail shop that sell tula , somemay need a small fee to try it out .It always best to bring your lo along to try if he/she and your self like the carrier

Read more
8y ago

Hi,bumwear have 2 outlets 1 at plaza sin 1 at marina sq but u might need to pay a small trying fee . O next week have baby fair at expo is the best place to try out any carrier n see which u all prefer

VIP Member

It's on the sizing and height too. Smaller size toddler may feel that the toddler tula is too big for them.

i find the Tula too big for my boy. he is smaller in size so i ended up with ergo baby 360.