Breastfeeding

Hi mummies, those with low supply I’m wondering how long did you breastfeed for? I’m 2 months postpartum and my supply has been pretty much stuck for the last few weeks despite trying many different supplements and food products :( feeling demoralized as tried a lot of effort and remained positive to increase all this while. Is there still hope to increase supply at this point?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Ure not alone mummy! Im a low supply mum as well!!! Firstly when im not able to provide for my son more milk, i tend to loose s***. I get stressed out so much especially when relatives,in laws come and asked "u breastmilk ur son?" And i have to say i do both breastmilk and formula. Ive tried soo many ways to increased but after my gynae asked me regards to my breastmilk supply, i talked to him and he say this "do not ever put urself down, if its meant to be its meant to be..ure a FTM, its normal to have low milk supply.formula works so dont stressed up".. we mummies tried so much to increased our milk supply. We WANT to provide breastmilk for them but if its meant to be then we do not give up. After my 1st menses, breastmilk definitely drop to the core. So mummy, do not stressed urself. We just do what is best for our child!!! ❤️❤️

Read more

My supply isn’t a lot but probably can give half daily supply for my girl’s daily milk intake. Balance will be formula milk. Think don’t stress too much if you can’t fully bf cos there r tooo many things to stress about after birth. :) you really needs to drink lotsa lotsa water like 3-4 litres a day since milk is also part of liquid. Sleep well or a lot but I know that is impossible with bf. Regularly pump as in every few hours. Some people really v diligently pump like 2-3 hrs but I can only do best 4hrs and sometimes max 6 hrs then pump. For me, as long as I really pump like 4x a day , I still can maintain my supply together with other stuffs that I do. It’s never easy. Even if now it’s low doesn’t mean it won’t improve. As long as you can provide I think u r fine. 💪💪

Read more

Supply and demand. Whenever there is a demand, your body will produce the supply. 1. You can try going for lactation massage, maybe your milk ducts are clog so the milk cant flow freely. 2. Try to pump more frequently, every 2 hrs.

Read more

1yr plus though my amt was never enuf to feed and i was low supply. I had issues at one point where i pump n nth came out at all. Then i went schonemama for lactation massage and it helped.

TapFluencer

i tried to stretch past 6mo but it was really challenging... nothing seemed to work for me... still, all the best in your breastfeeding journey 🙏💕

Care to share what kind of supplements and food products have you tried? I’m a first time mom trying to boost milk supply.